Monday, January 27, 2014

My Prezi



My Prezi

The intended audience of my prezi would be fellow students and teachers. This presentation gives background information on myself as to where I currently am in my educational journey. This presentation also gives the audience what I have experienced thus far as well as what I value in terms of early childhood education. The content I intend to teach will be early childhood education. I am hopeful to become a kindergarten teacher. So far through my experiences in the field at Columbus State, I have learned to love the ages between 3-5. These children pick up on things so quickly! Children this age seem to love just about anything you throw at them as well. Especially when used to a routine, bringing in new materials and information just excites them to no end. Also, I love how kids this age can get so into books on a topic they truly enjoy. One day I hope to be a great kindergarten teacher. I have only had limited experience with children this age. I am very intrigued to learn more about kindergartners and how they best succeed in the classroom.

My thoughts on the prezi software...

I found prezi interesting but limited. It was also very time consuming. I think prezi is limiting in terms of font usage. You can only have three different fonts in the whole presentation, with only three different colors. I like to have my presentations to have a wider variety of fonts. The program only gives you ten or so fonts to choose from, and I would have liked more variety. The actual "putting together" of a prezi seems very time consuming. I am not sure if it is because I am new at it or just am so used to PowerPoint, but this presentation took me a good two hours to make. It seems really difficult to edit certain things. However, there are some things that I really LOVED about prezi. Prezi does skip some steps that PowerPoint does not, which is really convenient! I love how quick and easy it is to insert a YouTube video or just a regular image. It takes little to no time, so that is great. Overall, I may use prezi again, but I still prefer PowerPoint.


No comments:

Post a Comment